Friday 26 May 2017

THE END?

To summarise this blog coming to an end, I have discovered ALOT of info from brands that use Digital Media to advertise their campaign. Discovering brands through influencers on YouTube or Blogs seems to be a daily occurance to see online. Its forever growing!

In past blogs, I’ve given my spin on past campaigns that would make or break a beauty campaign. Some campaigns that were spoken about include NYX/L’Oreal, Benefit and Charlotte Tilbury. These are massive brands, but will this be trendy in future?

What about the growing industry of beauty subscription boxes. Are they really worth the hype? It really depends on what type of person you are. I’ve never tried any myself, but in future I definitely see myself trying one for a one off! Its just too expensive for a student to get deducted £10 - £15 every month.


The question is – is blogging and YouTube ever going to be the same as it was 5 years ago? Probably not. Brands are taking over, money is becoming more of an important aspect especially if your not as big as others in the industry. To others, it’s a hobby and that’s the best way to go around it. People create these platforms as individuals and the real way to gain a successful audience is to enjoy what your doing and interact with your listeners/readers to build a relationship.

Through a college project Industrial Investigations, I’ve also based the same title around this blog. I’ve carried out a number of research methods to gain the heart filled facts from the industry through primary and secondary research. I really want
ed to find out what the public really thought of these people and I was surprised at the outcome. From the secondary research that was gained, I learnt that over 1,300,000,000 people use YouTube and over 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every single day – wow.

Through primary research, a questionnaire was carried out so I could really find out what the public really thought. 87% of respondents are aware of companies who use social media to advertise. Technology is growing and most people these days have a form of social media to get in contact with their family and friends. Vloggers or bloggers do not influence most respondents when it comes to buying a product although it was quite split overall. If sponsorship is involved it can push viewers away – so influencers have to be careful about what brand they do choose to work with, and they have to be passionate.

Ending this blog, this investigation has really put into perspective how brands can really affect us. I’ve started to read more blogs and watch more YouTubers as I ever have before – maybe in future ill start up my own blog about my life, fashion, fitness, make-up… what do you think?

I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my past blog posts as much as I have writing them. Leave a comment below!

Thanks for reading,

Danielle

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed reading your blog posts - have you enjoyed writing it too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'ver really enjoyed writing them - one of my favourite aspects of the course.

    ReplyDelete